GOVERNMENT OF SRI LANKA PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM FOR UNDERGRADUATE 2017-18
SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM FOR UNDERGRADUATE 2017-18
Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways (MoHEH), Sri Lanka for the academic year 2017/2018 and the courses are to commence in September 2018. Since this is a government to government scholarship program, candidates shall apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the government nominating agency (i.e. Ministry or the government Institution of his/her country).
- Scholarships are open for courses of study other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
- Medium of instruction is English
- Candidates can request for more than one course for securing chances to win a scholarship, identifying their preferences as places are limited in some fields.
- There may be instances where requested courses are not possible to offer due to unforeseen circumstances or limited places available in the particular field.
- If the given qualifications by the applicant are not compatible with the entry requirements of the university, those applications may not be successful.
- When completing the form, please ensure that you provide your full name as appeared in your passport.
- Please provide all the supporting documents in English, we require officially translated versions as well as copies in the original language.
- Please provide certified copies of all the supporting documents including the certified copies of the relevant pages of your passport, duly authenticated by relevant authorities.
- The copy of the certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Board of Examinations which conducted the examination concerned.
- Photocopies of the educational certificates will not be considered for evaluation and result in rejection of the application.
- Do not leave any section of this application unanswered. Please write “N/A” in all irrelevant sections
- Be a citizen of Pakistan / AJ&K. A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka. At least 70% or above marks in both F.Sc. /A level (Pre-Medical) & SSC/Matric (O level) is required.
- Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E (A/L) Examination of Sri Lanka or their educational qualifications are considered for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examinations subject to the rules set out by the Education Authority of the country concerned.
- Applicants should attach to their applications the certified copies of the educational certificate and the statement of results of their qualifying examination. The copy of the educational certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Examinations Board which conducted the examination concerned.
- Age must be between 18-22 years on the closing/last date of applications.
- Free of charge tuition and registration.
- Free Visa for studies
- One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/-.
- A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/- during the study period.
- It is expected that the scholarship recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with the monthly allowance of LKR 30,000/- The relevant university / higher educational institute will assist in finding suitable accommodation.
- Reimbursement of cost of air fare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only.
Kindly note that all above payments are made in LKR
- Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
HOW TO APPLY
- Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of Sri Lankan application form, downloadable from the website: (http://www.mohe.gov.lk/index.php/en/scholaships/foreign-students/100-scholarships-for-foreign-students) along with all required documents plus hardcopy (print out) of HEC online form to HEC in spiral binding, separately.
- Apply online at HEC website http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After submission of the Online application, get its printed copy signed. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (all educational documents and attested copies of CNIC, B-form, Domicile, IBCC equivalency certificate, IELTS/TOEFL results, original medical certificate to be attached with HEC application form along with Original bank deposit slip).
Attach following documents with application (printed copy).
- 3 x Copies of Sri Lankan and 3 x HEC application forms duly submitted through Online application portal (separately in Spiral binding)
- SSC Certificate with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence
- F.Sc. Certificate with IBCC attestation/A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- Ten passport size recent photograph (attested from back).
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA only (attested by issuing authority)
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC copy.
- Attested copy of Domicile.
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- Original Medical Certificate issued by District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) at their respective provincial head quarter offices or Islamabad.
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
- Certified copy of the data page of applicant’s passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 2 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
- Certified copies of the Birth certificates of parents
- Police clearance report
- All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC/MOFA. However, final selection will be made by funding country.
- No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
Important Note: Since, this Scholarship is offered by the Sri Lanka Government hence NO additional financial responsibility will be on part of Higher Education Commission Islamabad.
Submission of Applications:
Applications should be received to the address given below on or before 8th April, 2018. Late or incomplete applications will not be entertained. By hand applications will not be entertained in any case._________________